Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving in St. George

Suffice it to say, we enjoyed spending a few days in the nice weather with family over Thanksgiving. There were people out playing tennis, riding their bikes, and jogging late in the evening. I felt like I had gone back in time to spring weather. I guess that's what it's like in St. George late in the fall.I'm used to the bleak, winter weather in Logan (winter hasn't really come here yet).

You'll be glad to know that Emily and I continued our tradition of dressing up as pilgrims for Thanksgiving dinner. We had Nerf Gun wars and foam sword battles with the nephews, played at the park (a lot), went target shooting, and explored the rocky cliffs of St. George.  

We spent a good amount of time at this amazing park. Apparently, it is designed after some Danish parks (I wish I had found some cool parks like this while I was in Norway. This is a video of a swing-teeter-totter. The park also had "gyro machines" (little platforms that you stand on and then spin) and a sweet rope jungle gym. On our way home we found a discarded piece of PVC pipe so we took it with us. We are going to make some epic swords out of it!


We put the Jewel-Dog in every little cave we could find.




I'm attempting to climb a rock.

We went to another park that just had two rock climbing walls. I tired myself out climbing up them but still had a lot of fun.

Cody successfully climbed to the top!








No comments:

Post a Comment