
Yes. That's right. I was hunted down and then attacked by a rusty nail that went rogue. It decided to stab me most painfully in the right foot. I did nothing to provoke this nail, nothing at all! Well ... maybe something ... Seriously, though, I was out power-saw-choppin' some old, nail ridden, wooden planks that used to belong to a barn. I inadvertently stepped on a rusty nail that was sticking straight up out of the back of a piece of wood. I know, pretty dumb, right? I immediately removed my shoe to assess the damage. It didn't look good. But worst of all, I knew I would have to get a tetanus shot. I. HATE. SHOTS. Hopping on one foot while trying to keep my bloody foot elevated was no easy task. I somehow managed to hop my way up thirteen steps and made it safely to our bathroom. I performed first aid (rather skillfully, I think) and then immediately hopped on Google to see what the ol' internet had to say about puncture wounds. I learned that a tetanus shot would be required, seeing I received my last one six years ago. So, I patiently waited until Emily got home from work. She drove me to the nearest InstaCare where we waited patiently for our turn to see the doctor. I tried my best not to freak out about the impending shot I would receive. The last time I got a booster shot I nearly passed out. I reacted the same way when three vials of blood were taken for testing. Needles and doctoring are not my thing. Thankfully, the shot was quick and practically painless (although, afterwards I experienced some arm soreness). The nurse cleaned out my wound with a syringe and water and then we were on our way. Next time I see a rusty nail I'll be sure to stay out of it's way.
9/14/11**
ReplyDelete